We are two sisters, Alli + Amy, who first launched the company Amalli Talli to provide trendy clothing styles for tall girls and women at the end of 2014. Our goal from the start has always been to support the confidence of our tall community, recognizing ourselves the impact that not having well-fitting clothing can have on women. By the end of 2017, we knew we wanted to invest ourselves even more in this mission and created More Than My Height to further that cause. Our hope is to not only provide a place where girls and women can come together to learn from and inspire each other, but to also educate the outside world on the private struggles that can exist for tall girls and influence better conversations together.
Here’s 5 random facts about each of us to get to know us better!
Alli Black – 5’10 (Instagram @alli_amallitalli)
- I married my high school sweetheart, but we first met in middle school home room!
- I have an unhealthy obsession with chips and salsa. And guacamole. And queso. But mostly salsa.
- I am an extroverted introvert. I love meeting with and speaking to new people, but I most definitely recharge myself by spending time by myself.
- I am directionally challenged and would never survive in a world without GPS.
- I live for summer nights spent outside by our fire pit in our backyard with a glass of wine!
Amy Rosenthal – 6’3 1/2″ (Instagram @amy_amallitalli)
- I can binge watch shows like The Office, FRIENDS & Pump Rules for hours – but for some reason I can’t sit still for movies. This is really true if it’s over 2 hours. Also I feel like I should confess that I’ve never seen Star Wars.
- I am in the 10% of the population who HATES cilantro. I’m pretty sure it might be the root of all evil.
- I was a college volleyball player (at both Texas & Wisconsin) & was really fortunate to get to play against amazing athletes like Kerri Walsh-Jennings & April Ross.
- I wish I was a better morning person – but after having a baby and basically eliminating sleep altogether from my lifestyle, I’m getting better. Coffee helps!
- My concert goal is to see Billy Joel in New York at Madison Square Garden.